How to kill ants in flower pots, without killing the flowers?

Sue SandersSuzanneJeanine Turner
+3

Apply cinnamon,spray peppermint essential oils or sprinkle food grade diatomaceous earth.
  • Beth Shorts

Try sprinkling diatomaceous earth around your pots, and lightly sprinkle it on the earth the plants are in. Diamotaceous earth is a natural product, and won't harm your plants. You can find it at most garden and building centers, as well as online.
  • Jeanine Turner

Boric acid kills ants and roaches but is nontoxic to humans and pets.
  • Suzanne

Try coffee grounds or peppermint oil.
  • Sue Sanders

Mix in a little flour. I've used flour and the ants dissapear. sprinkle a little flour around the pot as well put some flour in the pot. Got rid of ants inside a timber used down the side of my driveway.. They were all gone within 15 minutes as well as all their "eggs". I was amazed. I also sprinkle around the back of my cabinet by the backsplash and they quit coming in a small area that opened in the grout where the backspash met the cabinet top.