Duane
Duane
  • Indianapolis, IN

What can be done to help make a farm house entry more welcoming?

Jennifer | CrazyDiyMomFLV
+3

This is an older farm home built in the late 1800's
q what can be done to help make a farm house entry more welcoming
  • Laura

use landscaping blocks to create half moon landing under door. At same time u can cement in short handrail for eye appeal. Paint ceiling white it is too dark. Replace black lights with white bronze or brown open glass lights with open top and bottom for maximum light and no bug retention. Welcome sign over door in white script
  • Beth Shorts

I would put a high-backed bench on each side of the door, and some large hanging flower baskets on each of the pillars.
  • V

A bench painted to match your door. Some potted plants. A wreath, or a metal star on the siding.
  • V

Also, old farm implement equipment parts. not necessarily on the porch, but possibly on the side of the house
  • FL

What a fun question! Great house by the way! I would put potted shrubs on either side of the door. Maybe something you can shape, like topiaries. Some cool way to display your house numbers would fit over the door or on a plaque on one side' I would hang something on the peaked roof front of the porch. People hang oversized stars, wreaths, small wagon wheels, antique farm tools.
    You may want to put up a weathervane as well. Also a nice, classic windchime or a couple of rocking chairs! Have fun and I hope something may spark a great idea of your own!!!

• Jennifer | CrazyDiyMom

I would add a cute chair and some height to the sides of the door. You could paint the rails white to match with the trim. Maybe add some hanging baskets in the area directly in front of the door of to the sides. Maybe a big tall "welcome" sign standing against the house. Just some ideas :)