I need help with how I can stop deer from eating my phlox and hostas

Pep8106377Vickie Layne Bearden StauthammerJennifer | CrazyDiyMom
+6

The deer are eating my phlox before they even get to the blossom stage. I've tried deer begone, and sprinkling with cayenne pepper to no avail. Any tips , other than a rifle, would be greatly appreciated.

Try garlic mixes with hot pepper,blood meal,anything ting with odors to deter them.asty smelling herbs,oils etc.
  • Jennifer | CrazyDiyMom

Honestly, the only thing you can do is replace them with something the deer won't eat. I replaced my hostas and other flowers/plants with ferns, lilies, a butterfly bush, daisies and a few other things. We tried all those remedies and they don't guarantee anything. A hungry deer will eat anything! Good luck.
  • Irish spring soap shredded and put on ground around my peppers and tomatoes worked for me last year.
  • Pep8106377

Get yourself a big bottle of SKOOT. You mix it into a spray bottle and spray the area you want. The stuff is soooo bitter to deer, rabbits, mice etc after the first bite they run away. We've been using it for several years with great success. You must read the label and you need to reapply after heavy rain. We buy it at the local farm supply store, SKOOT is the product many farmers use.
    • Maggie

Thanks , I'll try and find it and give it a try. I enjoy watching the deer but I am done with all my plantings being destroyed every summer.