I would like to know if I could bring my indoor houseplants outside?

MaryAnnMHBRoanne
+3

• some of them can stand it depending on your zone and the weather. I put my Peace Lily outside and it does fine but I wouldn't put my African violets out.
    What kinds are you thinking about?
  • V

Depending on where you live, I would say yes. Check to see what your house plants need as far as sunlight goes and take into consideration wind gusts on the more fragile plants. I live in Oklahoma and I summer all my houseplants outside but I'm careful of their needs. Good luck.

That will depend on your current temperature.
  • Roanne

I planted a beautiful poinsettia plant outside in the spring in Virginia. It grew into a huge beautiful flowering bush. The following winter, however, after the first hard frost, the whole plant died. Depending on the climate where you live, it may or may not work. For me, just having that beauty for the several months that it lived was worth it.
  • MHB

As V said-and put plants in similar light conditions as in your home. Watering will take place more often as winds, etc. will dry the plants out faster. I always give my plants a summer "HOLODAY" . Many plants thrive on the change of scenery. :)

• MaryAnn

I live in NJ and I think they would enjoy the next few months outside … I know I would! I will keep the violets and orchards in the house everybody else "out you go". Thanks for all the feedback, it really helped. Have a nice evening : )