Asked on May 2, 2017

How can I find a young man(or woman)to help me keep my yard and house?



I had a young man who did a fine job for $10 per hour , but know a local farmer hired him full time. Ive been a widower at age 87 for a year.
8 answers
  • Beth Shorts
    on May 2, 2017

    try contacting a local high school and speaking with the guidance counsellor. maybe they can recommend a student who would be a safe, reliable helper for you
  • Dfu2813160
    on May 2, 2017

    look in your news paper under work needed or handyman, you can also call your local temp service and they will be able to help you. Good luck
  • Judy Ferrell
    on May 2, 2017

    Try contacting the local churches and see if the will put something in their bullitins also check with the local boyscout troop and girlscout troop.
  • Five little hens
    on May 2, 2017

    Check with senior services or senior center in your town; also, your church might sponsor a job day where teens fan out and do this type of work.
  • KEN21955559
    on May 2, 2017

    Send in index cards advertising your job to the local high schools and wait for a reply from a hearty student looking to make some extra cash. Or, call the guidance counselor and ask her to post your job offer. Most high schools have job bulletin boards in the guidance office.
  • Gsg22333426
    on May 9, 2017

    Try Seniors Helping Seniors.
  • Ellis
    on May 10, 2017

    Try your church, or other churches in your town. Also, ask your friends and neighbors if they have a grandson who would like to earn some money. Also, don't forget to ask the fine young man who used to work for you--maybe he has a friend who's looking for work.
  • Mindy
    on May 10, 2017

    Friends, neighbors and fellow church members are good referral sources
Your comment...