Big White Goose
Big White Goose
  • Oregon City, OR

Florence Chalk Paint®decorative Paint by Annie Sloan

Beautiful painted dresser in Florence with dark and clear wax- notice the sheen you can get with our waxes and Chalk Paint® Janet from Empty Nest painted this recently. I have included a swatch of various shades you can get with Florence mixed with Old White. Here at the Big White Goose we are mixing like made to show you how many endless colors you can achieve.
florence chalk paint decorative paint by annie sloan, chalk paint, painted furniture
Janet from Empty Nest painted this wonderful piece. Florence with clear and dark wax, buffed to a sheen.

• Kathleen Frye

the dresser in the picture has dark wax applied to the Florence color, giving it a patina look. can I achieve it with glazing instead of wax?

• Kathleen Frye

The dresser painted in Florence, is it straight out of the can or is it diluted?

• Cheryl Frampton

@Kathleen Frye It is straight from the can. Second coat you dip the tip of your brush in water and then in the paint, this gives it a smoother finish. Then clear and dark wax for contrast. Hope that helps.

• Kathleen Frye

Great I love this color. I was going to try and get this look with a brown glaze. Would I top coat the chalk paint first? Or glaze directly onto the chalky paint?

• Em

Is this a permanent finish or do you have to apply more wax at some point ??

• Cheryl Frampton

@Em Its permanent - if it gets a little dull over the years you can add more wax, but in all the years I have used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® and wax I have never had to, just buffed it up now and then.

• Sara Sjoman

How did you get the silver look I love it