Rachel
Rachel
  • Petal, MS

How can I keep my sloping backyard from washing away?

Cori WidenShannonJaney B.
+2

• Judy Ferrell

If you are not set on grass, try a groundcover. vinca, pachysandra, creeping phlox, creeping sedum
  • Janey B.

Yes something bad to be planted to stop erosion. And you don't want something you have to weed once spring comes either.
  • Shannon

I have the same issue. My hubby insists we need to build a retaining wall to stop the soil erosion. I have seen some folks who planted ground cover plants only to have the soil wash away downhill and then slowly the plants die. So I do think some type of retaining wall is the correct way to go but maybe it depends on how steep of a slope you have.
    • Rachel

Thanks so much! I actually saw a post about using CROWNVETCH? I do t know where to get it yet but.... sounds promising.
  • Cori Widen

I second the retaining wall - you should ask another question on Hometalk, I *know* that there are people here who have done it before. Good luck!!