Pine cones. Ideas other than wreaths. I have masses of pine...

C.B.MargaretPam Lindau
+6

• Five little hens

Melt some old candles or parrafin. Dip the cones in and let drip off a few times; then place on waxed paper (so you can throw it out) to dry. Stack them in a pretty basket (thrift store), add a ribbon, and give as handy fire starters to keep on the hearth. They work great!
  • Daryvonne

Glue them to a large metal tomato cage(buy at a big box store where they sell tomato plants). When finished it looks like a Christmas tree. Fill it in completely with the cones. Can weave lights on when finished, Looks nice on a porch for the holidays.
  • Jill Glover

That's brilliant
  • Connie

Drill a hole with a drill bit the size of a wire clothes hanger in the bottom of a pine cone. Cut the hanger's bottom wire loose, put glue on one end and insert in the hole. Let dry. Spray paint the pine cones Bluebonnet blue.Let dry. Use a small craft paint brush and paint each tip of the pinecone with a dab of white.
    Spray paint the wire with green if you want. Fill a basket or flower pot with florest foam or dirt and insert bluebonnet cones or stick separately in flower gardens. I have made several pretty arrangements this way.
    Connie
  • Cheryl Markus Reynolds

Paint them in spring colors and turn them upside down in a bowl to look like flowers. I've attached a picture - not my own.
  • Jill Glover

That sounds beautiful
  • Pam Lindau

The bottoms can be painted to look like dahlias or zinnias
  • Margaret

You can make Christmas trees by painting them and hot glueing beads onto the petals. I've attached a picture of one I've done.
  • C.B.

We have the pine cones here...I wrap a ribbon among the cone layers at the 'stem end' then add a felt stocking & a 'present' & hang them all around the house for Christmas. For Valentine's Day I use Hearts instead of stockings & the ribbons are red. NOTE: the 'presents' are Styrofoam blocks wrapped in the paper type needed for the occasion! Have fun!