Asked on May 2, 2017

How can I makeover Formica Cabinets/wood trim?

Mary janeMichele PappagalloJustme


Is there a make over solution for those 1980's Formica wood bottom trim
kitchen cabinets. Paint is a solution but what about that trim? Desperate
here. lol Thans.
8 answers
  • Hillela G.
    on May 3, 2017

    You can use a chalk paint, which makes life easy because you don't have to sand or prime with it. Also, you can use a peel and stick tile or contact paper. Have fun with it!
  • Mary jane
    on May 3, 2017

    I would like for the wood trim to go away.......any ideas? thank you for your comment.
  • Dysko7710
    on May 4, 2017

    When you say trim do you mean baseboards? Or the trim on the cabinets? Chalk paint would work on the trim, or there is a product that can go right over any trim or baseboards and they actually sell it at Lowes, its called RapidFit, and can be used to go right over existing trim and baseboards.
  • Mary jane
    on May 5, 2017

    Thank you. I mean the trim on the actual kitchen cabinet doors along the
    bottom. The cabinets are formica and the bottom trim is wooden.
  • Justme
    on May 8, 2017

    You can sand and paint over both. If you take off the trim, you may need to fill or cover a dip in the door. You Could add a different trim or even box it out with trim, amish style
  • Mary jane
    on May 9, 2017

    Thank you, brilliant ideas. M.
  • Michele Pappagallo
    on May 9, 2017

    Instead or removing the with it. Add a strip of flat trim on the other three edges of each door....then paint the whole door, including trim. It will look similar to a shaker style cabinet.
  • Mary jane
    on May 9, 2017

    Such a brilliant and simple solution! Thank you.
Your comment...