How do i clean candle wax out of my carpet?

C. D. ScallanMel KiserPatti Harris
+2

Try hardening the wax with a ice cube so you can scrape it off,or do the reverse ,put down a brown paper bag and use a warm iron.
  • Jack

Use ice cubes to harden the wax then rake out as much as possible using a dinner fork. Do this over and over till almost completely gone then vacuum.
  • Patti Harris

I have always taken a layer of papertowels and an iron to remove wax. Place paper towels over wax and press with hot iron (check temp according to type of carpet you have) The wax should soften/melt and be absorbed into paper towel. Hopefully you don't have red wax on white/light carpet. I don't remember about the color part.
  • Mel Kiser

ironing it out with paper towels works best. Almost had a fire here once . Candle on table completely except for the flaming wick was all over the table and carpet.
    So hot iron to melt wax into the paper towel . Wax seems to be drawn to hot paper towels and up and out of the carpet.
  • C. D. Scallan

Paper towels definitely works better than paper bags. Keep rotating for a clean spot or switch out for new paper towel until all of the wax is gone.