I wanted to make a small bench to put out on my front porch..

J9MindyJanet Pizaro
+2

I have a space of about 3' long and about 12" wide. I looked in the thrift stores for something I could use... but no luck. Any ideas of something I could make.

• Glenna Hibberd

Check out pinterest for ways to use old pallets. It's a cheap source of precut wood and there are several how to video's on it.
  • Devon Thibeault

Benches are one of the simplest pieces of furniture to construct. If you have even basic woodworking skills, you will able to put one together. If you are relatively new to woodworking, I'd start with what is called a "five-board bench." Since this is going to be outside, I'd recommend sticking to solid wood and using deck screws for construction. Screws will hold up better than nails over time, since nails can work themselves out of their holes over time. And deck screws are treated to resist rusting. Glue joints should be a water resistant glue, such as Titebond 2, or waterproof, such as Titebond 3 or polyurethane glue.

Take a look at this one. www.hometalk.com/4971671/upcycled-garden-bench
  • Mindy

An old wooden milk crate might work for this small spave
  • J9

Great idea! Thanks