Can Roundup weed killer be used in my veggy garden before I plant?

BulldogAdluv41Janet Pizaro
+4

I already have dandelions and creeping charlie growing in there.
  • Glenna Hibberd

Yes, but read the directions as to how long to wait before planting. We did this every spring and fall for several years due to the abundance of weeds from previous owners unable to keep up the garden.
  • Peter Bradin

Glyphosate, the primary ingredient in Roundup, has been listed by the World Health Organization as a possible human carcinogen. There are several lawsuits pending against Monsanto, the maker of Roundup, from people who worked with Roundup and developed cancer. I would look at other ways to control weeds, especially in a vegetable garden where you will be eating what is grown there.
    • Nola Connors

Totally agree! Bad stuff! You could put down black plastic for awhile to kill the weeds!
  • Seethebeauty

I've used it this spring already even though my annuals were already sprouting. I did it on a calm day and positioned the automatic sprayer into the weed and saturated the root system. They are the only sprouts that died. You also might try a weed killer for grass and gardens that advertises safety for your plants. The one I've been using is ferti-lome Weed Free Zone and I got it at Lowes

That is truly not a good idea.Roundup stays in the ground emitting poisons.I would opt for a more natural solution of newspapers and landscape fabric.
  • Adluv41

Stay away from round up. Please use natural ingredients.
  • Bulldog

No if you do this nothing will grow for at least a year. Pour boiling water on the weeds it will kill them and is natural and free.