Such Wonderful Ideas!

+9
And so many generous friends willing to share them! I am grateful I have joined your community. I have just moved into a new home without a piece of furniture of my own. As a result, I have been hoarding lost and found items, so that I can put your ideas and suggestions to good use. I just wish my boss could let me have a month off - weekends haven't been enough to do anything (just looking for materials to work with)... Greetings from Portugal to all my friends at Hometalk!
  • Kathy Bitzan Kathy Bitzan on May 02, 2017
    Greeting, glad you have joined us. I will say there is never enough time for everything we want to do. But I do find it helpful to make lists and crossing them off when the job is done makes me feel like doing more and a great feeling of accomplishment. Otherwise I think I wasted my days if I don't see my list of what I have been doing. So good luck. Just remember you need your job to keep the projects flowing.

• See 1 previous
    • Kathy Bitzan Kathy Bitzan on May 03, 2017
      I bet you would miss them. I'm retired and work part time so I am always busy. But would still like to have a month off to concentrate on painting my shed out back. But I'll stick the paint roller in freezer if I have to go to work before I am done. LOL have fun.

• Janey B. Janey B. on May 02, 2017
    Glad to have you here!

• Sharon Susa Courchesne Sharon Susa Courchesne on May 02, 2017
    What a nice post! I'm learning so much myself since I've joined this group. Don't feel pressured to get your house in order super quick because it really does take a lot of time. I'm in your shoes cause we moved 3 months ago & I'm still unpacking & decorating slowly. Better to take your time & find/make things you really love & you'll truly appreciate the things that way too.
    Best of luck & happy decorating!

• FS FS on May 03, 2017
      Thank you, Sharon!
      HOMETALK has made it really easy to discover a whole new world for me, with such wonderfully simple and creative ideas! I always feel blown away by everyone's ideas and suggestions!

• Welcome and congratulations! Start with one small project at a time until you get into a rhythm, yes, weekends are never long enough for any of us, but you need your job too. If possible do a little bit every night so you feel like you are making progress. And have patience, anything wonderful takes time! ☺

• See 1 previous
    • FS FS on May 03, 2017
      Thank you, Naomie!
      With all the wonderful ideas, I'm still making lists of materials I need and the items I should begin with, just to be on the safe side. As to the job, it was just for fun: I'm a teacher and I would miss my 8th and 9th graders! Besides, I am exercising my creativity with them, since part of the weekend is often spent researching for ever more creative and motivating ideas to use in class.

• Cori Widen Cori Widen on May 03, 2017
    Thanks so much for being a part of our community! And I'm especially happy to hear that you're planning to put these wonderful ideas in action

• FS FS on May 03, 2017
    Thank you, Cori!