What is the very best premium outdoor paint to use for my facia wood?

Mag1889907Kristi Smith GroganLeonard Sharon Sarbin
+2

Hard to climb to paint and I only want to do it rarely so it has to e the best longest lasting paint
  • Hillela G.

Since paint blocks UV rays better than a clear finish, your best bet is to apply a quality exterior primer, topped by a exterior latex or oil-based paint. For a natural-wood look, apply multiple coats of exteriorspar varnish that contains added UV blockers. Ask your local craft store for the best option that they have in stock, have fun!
  • Leonard Sharon Sarbin

I would suggest that you call Glidden or another well known brand name like Sherwin Williams, directly. These are the best people to talk to about paint problems, as they are well trained, and I have found them to be very helpful on numerous occasions.
  • Leonard Sharon Sarbin

And, by the way, we painted our house exterior with Glidden latex flat Country Blue, and it stayed true to color for almost 15 years before beginning to fade .
  • Kristi Smith Grogan

make sure you prep the area well before you paint too. That will help it stick better and last the longest.
  • Mag1889907

Prep, high quality brushes/rollers,and high quality paint. Cheap tools=cheap finish.