What is a low maintence, morning sun/afternoon shade ground cover?

Jacqueline PhillipsBrendaRichardstarling
+7

That will depend on your location that was not mentioned.
  • Caseyem11

pachysandra.
  • Teri

I love myrtle. We've had it for close to 15 years and it's very low maintenance and looks good!
  • 512181

Depending on where you live--ajuga, pachysandra, as mentioned above, sweet woodruff, or vinca. Ground covers take a while to establish, but are so nice. Never ever plant ivy or any other climbing ground cover.
  • Pam fortson

Sweet woodruff is very nice. Spreads quickly has a small white bloom in the spring and is very dense. Likes shade but some sun won't hurt it. Hope this helps.
  • Annette

I unfortunately don't have the official name for my ground cover and know it only as Periwinkle. It blooms gorgeous purple little flowers along with pretty leaves in spring and later a lush green cover. It took a while but was worth it.
  • Sandy Lockwood

I agree, sweet woodruff.
  • Richardstarling

I use the ice plant for my ground cover and I also put it in large pots in the shady areas on my patio. Home depot is where I bought my first plant, every spring I trim my ice plants and start another pot with the cuttings.
  • Brenda

Ajuga (bugle weed) Lamium-many varieties, Periwinkle
  • Jacqueline Phillips

I agree with the Sweet wooddwarf. What goes nice with sweet wooddwarf is hospice plant, comes up every year and is a great complement. Both do very well on the north west coast.