How to stop invisible, mouths eating my herbs, basil

Claude5121811401470
+2

Something is eating my basil plant leaves.& Mint. Every day big bites taken...can't see the hungry thief.

Most likely slugs....Apply food grade diatomaceous earth,a tray with beer,wrap around a cooper flashing,and apply a horticutral oil.
  • 1401470

Seeing your in Texas not sure it would be slugs - I lived here for years and still haven't had slug issues in my garden. Get some ladybugs from the nursery and set them free in your herb garden - they may be able to help remove the issue. Welcoming nature into the garden is a great way to detour bugs, especially the ones you can't see.
  • 512181

I would agree, most likely slugs or snails. Do you see a slimy trail around the plants? If you do, get a product to kill them.
  • Claude

BITES? You can see where it's bitten? Chances are it's a critter. Bunnies, squirrels and voles will eat stuff if they are hungry enough.