Spruce Up Your Old Flower Pots For Free

Waking up to the sound of birds singing, feeling the warmth of the sun, the urge to buy the entire plant section at the greenhouse… Spring is in full bloom.
I love to add a few playful colors and plants to freshen up our home. The scent of blooming flowers at the greenhouse had me filling up my cart. Succulents and cacti are classic low-maintenance plants that will survive my black thumb.
spruce up your old flower pots for free
After filling my cart with plants there was no room left for pots. I decided to modify the ones I already had.
spruce up your old flower pots for free
A crochet plant cover is a perfect way to spruce up the tiresome pot. Repurposing your old jeans into yarn is the first step. Watch this video tutorial and turn your old jeans into yarn. Come back here for the crochet flower pot cover pattern
spruce up your old flower pots for free
Start by crocheting a chain long enough to fit around the bottom of your pot. Slip stitch together in the first chain stitch to form a loop. Work rounds of half double crochets until you reach the height of your pot. You can read every little detail. Crochet Plant Pot Cover
spruce up your old flower pots for free
The possibilities with this plant cover pattern are endless. I’m envisioning a mini herb garden soaking up the sun on my window sill or a simple Mother's Day gift, But for now, I hope I don’t kill the cactus.

• Denim Yarn
  • Old Flower Pot
  • 12mm crochet hook  (Michaels)
Sierra

• Heather Courier

how did you get the cactus in the glass ?

• Sierra

Hi Heather! The air plant in the glass container was put together when I bought it. The glass has a hole in the back to water it or change the plant out. I hope this helps!