Donna Farion
Donna Farion
  • Port Charlotte, FL

How to clean maple finished dining room chairs?

BobbieDebigrayCindy Hagemann
+5

Dining room chairs very dirty that need to clean but do not want to ruin the finish or have to refinish.

• I use Muphy's Oil Soap. The Old English products work well too.
  • Cindy Hagemann

I use ReStor-A-Finish for this type of thing - it works great and will bring a wood piece back to life! Purchase it at Walmart, Lowes, HD, etc. Comes in several different wood shades.
  • Debigray

If they seem to be really dirty then some Murphy Soap, use a toothbrush around any spindles or tight nooks and crannies. I love to use Coconut Oil to polish with as it leaves a nice finish and smell. I do use Scott's Liquid Gold also (Liquid Form) if furniture has gotten really dry. Either method has worked for me on my Antiques and newer furniture.
  • Bobbie

I use Murphy's Oil Soap and a microfiber cloth to clean my antique walnut chairs. Wring the cloth out as dry as you can and wipe the chairs down. then when dry, wipe them down again with a good quality furniture oil.
  • Debigray

I usually follow recommended on btl. If you wash chairs weekly I would say Micro Fiber will be enough to clean with water. It is only if they are super gummed up from children spilling food like ketchup, honey etc. or you have many little greasy fingers LOL
    I had 4 children of my own, 5 foster children and also daycare so mine could get grime daily!

• Bobbie

I dilute it according to directions on the bottle.