What to do about mouse in the wall?

Sharon Susa CourchesneCaseyem11David
+5

We've recently moved to a 7 year old house & at night when I sit with my son in bed (it's a multi level 2 story so it's almost on the 3rd floor) at night, I can hear a mouse scurrying back & forth in the wall behind his headboard. We don't have any other issues with mice in the house that I'm aware of. What should I do about this?
  • C.B.

Locate where the mouse enters & leaves...it maybe outside the house...look for trails, depressions in the vegetation. Once you have located the 'mouse runs, lay down a few mouse traps smeared with bacon grease [they are attracted to the salt & greasy aspect of it]...you can put traps inside & outside near the house foundation & they will find it. You will want to locate their entrance so that you can fill it with steel wool & close it up. I say...take a mouse to dinner & serve him up some bacon grease on a mouse trap platter!
  • Sharon Susa Courchesne

Awesome! Thanks!
  • C. D. Scallan

If bacon geared doesn't work try peanut butter . That always works for the occasional one that wanders into the garage .
  • David

I had this same problem once in a home I owned. It took several years, but I finally found a hole at the base of my chimney! Spend some time examining the parimiter of your home. Remember, all they need is a hole larger than the diameter of their skull to get in, so don't overlook small cracks, etc.
  • Caseyem11

I had mice at the start of winter. I used mouse traps with peanut butter, sealed all around the house, particularly where the house met the foundation and around plumbing holes. I found that the plug in deterrents from Home Depot worked very well.
  • Sharon Susa Courchesne

Didn't know they sell those! Will look for them! Thanks!