What is something to put around tulips to keep the deer from eating?

Mjv265455CandaceDave Page
+3

I have daffodils mixed in along my walkway to the front door, but the deer and rabbits just won't leave the tulips alone :(
  • Teri

Moth balls or a product that you buy from a garden store called blood red will keep them away
  • 512181

Good luck! I finally gave up on tulips. You can try a variety of deer off products and believe it or not, powdered milk sometimes will help.
  • Paula

Sprinkle ground up mothballs over the soil, or grated Irish Spring soap.
  • Dave Page

I have heard that human hair clippings scattered around keeps them away or you could also try sprinkling cayan pepper on the plants--shouldn't hurt the plants but tastes terrible to the deer and rabbits.
  • Candace

I know the most animals are repelled by blood meal... you can get that at your local hardware store usually. When we lived in the country we had to use this for rabbits and deer.
  • Mjv265455

I also have 2 golden retrievers so mouth balls won't work.... But I'm going to try the cayenne pepper for sure!