What's the best thing to put on a concrete step at my front porch

Rag3586825Shawna BaileyV Valencia
+4

• Shoshana

Are you looking for decoration ideas? I always think a couple of potted succulents or ferns on steps looks fabulous!
  • Nancy Gramm

I agree with Shoshana. A pair of plants, but I'd make it something tall, i.e. a couple of dracaena marginata or even a tall container of flowering plants. The dracaena you'll be able to keep around; I've had mine for better than 10 years and it always lives on my front porch. (I'm in central Texas so I don't have very harsh winters. I cover it for any freeze we have.) The flowering plants could be annual or perennial. I've potted star gladiolus for each side of my front door.
    , Dracaena Marginata, Hibiscus with other flowering variety, Star gladiolus
  • V Valencia

If you were thinking about painting steps, they make specific "porch paint" made for concrete. I have used this type of paint for my driveway. It is very durable.
  • Rag3586825

Oh what pretty plants , they will come after to work, we currently have like an indoor outdoor carpet, but need it replaced
  • Shawna Bailey

It's so hard to keep an outdoor carpet in good condition.
  • Rag3586825

Yeah, not sure what to do and the weather in Illinois us so iffy.
  • Rag3586825