I have a 'sour smelling" load of laundry-any ideas to un-sour smell?

Mag1889907RobynLeesa Osborne
+10

Mixed cottons,polys & coloreds. All got dried as well. the whole load just smells bad. i think i accidentally left them in the wash machine overnight too long anyway.

Re-wash them in white vinegar.
  • Ctk2565516

Baking soda and vinegar. It may take a couple of washes but the smell should disappear.
  • Nancy Gramm

I use vinegar in my rinse cycles, then wool balls in the dryer. Vinegar works wonders, and, as Janet suggests, you can use it in the wash cycle as well. Tennis balls are a good substitute for wool ones.
  • Fran

vinegar will remove that nasty smell!!

• Caseyem11

Re wash with vinegar. Let them dry in the sun.
  • Dfm

if you have a HE washing machine, check the user manual on how to clean the washer. if you google your machine brand and model, user guide -it should pop up.
  • Sonia

I agree that vinegar and baking soda are a great way to remove the offensive smell!
  • Lea Swenson

I have this happen every once in a while. Sometimes from leaving a wet load sit too long but I have it happen if my dryer shuts off too early (has a sensor that doesn't always sense properly!). There is one pair of pants in particular this happens to. I make sure they are fully dry now. The only solution when it happens though is re-washing with vinegar.
  • Meloni Simpson

I with re-wash and put a cup of white vinegar in the rinse cycle.
  • Conniehatfield3

1 cup white vinegar in rinse! many thanks! to you all!
  • Leesa Osborne

Definitely re wash them and add white vinegar to that load.
  • Robyn

Vinegar will take the smell out, I also use it as a fabric softener when I wash my towels. No vinegar smell and they come out soft and absorbent!
  • Mag1889907

Rewash and add white vinegar to the load.