Jeanne
Jeanne
  • Burnsville, MN

What is the best way to kill Japanese beetles from eating your plants?

TinaSusanClaude
+2

• Peggy Burnette

Tough question. The bags you use to get them away from your plants just draw more (have hormone inside bag). Pick and pinch is the best way really gross (use gloves). You can spray with vinegar or plant for vegies bug killer but these are really tough bugs. Good luck

• Claude

Spread milky spore on your lawn...it well spread and get rid of jb grubs over time. Apply spring and fall.
  • Susan

You can put traps way away from your garden-i instead fill a jar with vinegar and pick and pinch them. It's a full on war.
  • Tina

Spray Neem Oil, organically acceptable, and reasonably priced! It doesn't outright kill them but makes them forget to eat and breed. You will notice them slowing down in a couple of days. Safe to use on all plants (but avoid applying on a sunny day) with no withdrawal time between application and harvest of most fruits and vegetables. Neem oil works on about any bug that eats your leaves. It is worth your time to 'Google' Neem Oil.
    • Ruthanne Johnson

I carry a can of water with me to my rose plants and either pick up the beetle or swipe it off from the plant into the can where they cannot get out.