I have kitchen cabinets with a round corner- how do I update?

Brenda Brandt DeasonTriciaBernadette Staal
+10

They are good quality so I don't want to replace.
You see the corners are just settle
Not sure about the color anymore either my husband is a little afraid to change the color I'll have to convince him
  • Sharon

I see nothing wrong with rounded corner. The color is a bit blah, I would maybe put a gel stain on them to enhance the color, or just bite the bullet and paint them if you don't like them. I would put some lighting below and in the glass front cubboards maybe to showcase your collection of coffee cups. How about adding some really nice hardware for a new look?
  • Crystal

you could paint them, possibly etch the glass, an add knobs or handles
  • Nikki

Door replacement.

I agree with Sharon! I also see nothing wrong with the corners. That is just the style of the cabinets. You can add some nice handles or pulls to the doors and drawers. You can paint them, but they are is such good condition staining them would give them a new look. You can use Minwax Polyshades to change the stain color with minimal prep.

• Shawna Bailey

I like the rounded corners, the doors will look lovely with a new stain or painted.
  • Linda-Mike Weber

The cabinets are in great shape, I would NOT paint them, all you really need is some handles, I'm not sure why you don't have any but that would make a HUGE difference. Shop around and by a few different styles, hold them up. Unwrap from the package carefully so you can return what you don't like. Depending on your style and taste you can expect to pay from $5 and up for good handles ,pulls, or knobs. If you choose a style with a more boxy shape, it will pull your eye away from the round corners. Much cheaper alternative ! Good luck! :-)
  • Daw14069830

When I moved in with boyfriend I gained seventies-looking, knob-less cabinets....
    They also had a 70's oak color! Just adding white porcelain knobs made a world of difference!!! The neighbors all have knob-less and have not bothered with such an easy, inexpensive update.
    Start with hardware and if that's not enough, expand project :)
  • And1639926

I'd paint them white. New chrome hardware. Paint the insides of the cabinets a different shade since you can see through the glass.
  • Jacqueline Phillips

Painting the inside of the Glassdoor cabinet is a great idea. Looks like I'm headed to the hardware store and the Home improvement store for some Paint or finish it's going to take a while to make up my mind. 😊 Thanks
  • Bernadette Staal

The doors and what I saw of your kitchen looks perfectly fine / lovely. I can not understand why you would want to change them. I would review your lists of "things to be done around the house" and invest your money in something else or put the money you were planning to spend into your savings account.
  • Tricia

The cabinets are lovely!! How about wallpapering the inside with something floral that picks up the color of the painted wall a bit to brighten up the insides? Adding porcelain knobs will do wonders. Do not paint them, do not replace them
  • Brenda Brandt Deason

Since you have the skills to arrange things nicely, maybe take the doors off and have open shelving. I know someone who did this and it was very pretty, since she had nice dishes and the discipline to keep them nicely arranged.