What is YOUR best solution to whiten fine clothing without chemicals?

+5
  • William William on May 03, 2017
    I use about 1/3 bottle of hydrogen peroxide to wash my whites. Bleach tends to yellow whites and make them dinghy. Also breaks down the fibers.
  • Candace Candace on May 03, 2017
    You can make a paste of baking soda and water and rub this on any stains... let it sit for 10 minutes, then wash it as usual.. Also, put 1 cup washing soda in your wash , when washing whites. I find it leaves white clothes whiter. I get washing soda and baking soda along with borax in large boxes at Walmart . They have the best prices for these materials.

I haven't tried this myself yet, but just read that 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide added to hot water will makes your white clothes whiter too. Test it first on older white clothing. I do use hydrogen perioxide and dawn Dish soap to clean my carpet in my carpet machine and it works great.
  • Robyn Robyn on May 03, 2017
    My grandmother always washed them and hung them in the sun.
  • Victoria Victoria on May 03, 2017
    All of these suggestions sound great! Will see what works for me. Thank you to all!
  • If white, I have used epsom salt in the wash.
  • Cheryl Markus Reynolds Cheryl Markus Reynolds on May 03, 2017
    I have used lemon juice and sunshine. I dilute fresh lemon juice 50/50 with water. Spray it on the stained area or wet the whole thing and lay it or hang it in the sun.
  • Sharon Sweat -Smith Sharon Sweat -Smith on May 03, 2017
    20 mule borax and sunlight