Hula Hoop Spring Wreath

Introduce spring into your home with this beautiful, unique, and inexpensive spring wreath!
Take a hula hoop from the dollar store, remove the beads inside, spray paint it the color of your choice (I chose white) and add some moss with hot glue. I decided to have the moss dense on the bottom and space at the top, but you can opt to make it dense all the way around.
Pack the moss by squeezing around the hula hoop with your hand.
Secure the moss in place by wrapping some floral wire around the dense areas. This will help eliminate the fallout.
I then took some garland I got from Michaels (be sure to use the coupon!!) and added it to the bottom of my wreath. I secured it in place with some floral wire instead of hot glue so I could potentially re-use the garland for another project.
Next, I took some flowers I got from Micheals and hot glued it onto the wreath.
I took my custom lettering and secured it onto the hula hoop with floral wire. I have a tutorial on my YouTube channel on how to actually create this. Leave a comment below if you would like me to create a home talk post on how to make this!
I added the dot above the I by attaching it onto a lollypop stick and hot glued it to the back of the I.
I decided last minute to add some flowers to the bottom of the wreath with fishing wire to give it a "floating flower" effect. Doesn't this remind you of a huge dreamcatcher? I love it!

There you have it! Your own custom wreath! Check out the video for details plus two more spring decor ideas!

I made this on the Hometalk Live and added some A's to some really good Q's.

1. How Can I weatherproof this?
Since the word spring is made from cardboard, I don't think this can be weatherproofed. I would recommend bringing this inside if the forecast calls for rain

2. Is this too big to fit on my door?
Yes, this is entirely too big, BUT, you can use this for a wedding, baby shower, bridal shower, or on your deck if you have one

3. Does this have to be hung or can it be suspended from a ceiling?
YES! Do it and send me photos. I think it would be gorgeous suspended from a ceiling. It's actually not too heavy.

For those wondering how to make a smaller version:
Hula hoops could easily be made smaller. just cut with scissors and rejoined with the stub it is joined with.
Thanks Thelma Brooks for letting us know how to make the hula hoop smaller :)

Feel free to message me if you have any questions on how to create this! I love interacting with the Hometalk Family!

Contact Me:
Instagram - @simplyhandmade
Facebook - SimplyHandmade89
YouTube - SimplyHandmade
Email - SimplyHandmade89@gmail.com
If you would like to see how to create your own custom moss word, check out this YouTube video I did :)

• Ann Knickerbocker

I just watched the video. I love the framed planter, too. If I can't be outside, I want the outside in. 😀

• Henhouse

Very pretty. Plan to try this. Thank you for sharing.