Hula Hoop Spring Wreath

148K Views
Introduce spring into your home with this beautiful, unique, and inexpensive spring wreath!
  • hula hoop spring wreath
  • hula hoop spring wreath
Take a hula hoop from the dollar store, remove the beads inside, spray paint it the color of your choice (I chose white) and add some moss with hot glue. I decided to have the moss dense on the bottom and space at the top, but you can opt to make it dense all the way around.
  • hula hoop spring wreath
Pack the moss by squeezing around the hula hoop with your hand.
  • hula hoop spring wreath
Secure the moss in place by wrapping some floral wire around the dense areas. This will help eliminate the fallout.
  • hula hoop spring wreath
I then took some garland I got from Michaels (be sure to use the coupon!!) and added it to the bottom of my wreath. I secured it in place with some floral wire instead of hot glue so I could potentially re-use the garland for another project.
  • hula hoop spring wreath
Next, I took some flowers I got from Micheals and hot glued it onto the wreath.
  • hula hoop spring wreath
I took my custom lettering and secured it onto the hula hoop with floral wire. I have a tutorial on my YouTube channel on how to actually create this. Leave a comment below if you would like me to create a home talk post on how to make this!
  • hula hoop spring wreath
I added the dot above the I by attaching it onto a lollypop stick and hot glued it to the back of the I.
  • hula hoop spring wreath
I decided last minute to add some flowers to the bottom of the wreath with fishing wire to give it a "floating flower" effect. Doesn't this remind you of a huge dreamcatcher? I love it!

• hula hoop spring wreath
  • hula hoop spring wreath

There you have it! Your own custom wreath! Check out the video for details plus two more spring decor ideas!

I made this on the Hometalk Live and added some A's to some really good Q's.

1. How Can I weatherproof this?
Since the word spring is made from cardboard, I don't think this can be weatherproofed. I would recommend bringing this inside if the forecast calls for rain

2. Is this too big to fit on my door?
Yes, this is entirely too big, BUT, you can use this for a wedding, baby shower, bridal shower, or on your deck if you have one

3. Does this have to be hung or can it be suspended from a ceiling?
YES! Do it and send me photos. I think it would be gorgeous suspended from a ceiling. It's actually not too heavy.

For those wondering how to make a smaller version:
Hula hoops could easily be made smaller. just cut with scissors and rejoined with the stub it is joined with.
Thanks Thelma Brooks for letting us know how to make the hula hoop smaller :)

Feel free to message me if you have any questions on how to create this! I love interacting with the Hometalk Family!

Contact Me:
Instagram - @simplyhandmade
Facebook - SimplyHandmade89
YouTube - SimplyHandmade
Email - SimplyHandmade89@gmail.com
If you would like to see how to create your own custom moss word, check out this YouTube video I did :)

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of June 16, 2018 11:29 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Nickell Morgan

• Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey
    Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey Castaic, CA

Really pretty! Thinking this would look cool on the side of my house next to the front door. Have the hula hoop and a bunch of flowers . . . Adding to my to do list! Thanks! 🌺

William Burbank, IL

That's what I use! I have an area in front of my house between the living room and kitchen windows. It five feet high and three feet wide. A regular size wreath would get lost. So I use hoola hoops for my wreaths. Made a fall wreath, a Halloween wreath, and a Spring/Summer wreath. Will be working on a Christmas wreath this year. Your is very pretty!