Hula Hoop Spring Wreath

Introduce spring into your home with this beautiful, unique, and inexpensive spring wreath!
Take a hula hoop from the dollar store, remove the beads inside, spray paint it the color of your choice (I chose white) and add some moss with hot glue. I decided to have the moss dense on the bottom and space at the top, but you can opt to make it dense all the way around.
Pack the moss by squeezing around the hula hoop with your hand.
Secure the moss in place by wrapping some floral wire around the dense areas. This will help eliminate the fallout.
I then took some garland I got from Michaels (be sure to use the coupon!!) and added it to the bottom of my wreath. I secured it in place with some floral wire instead of hot glue so I could potentially re-use the garland for another project.
Next, I took some flowers I got from Micheals and hot glued it onto the wreath.
I took my custom lettering and secured it onto the hula hoop with floral wire. I have a tutorial on my YouTube channel on how to actually create this. Leave a comment below if you would like me to create a home talk post on how to make this!
I added the dot above the I by attaching it onto a lollypop stick and hot glued it to the back of the I.
I decided last minute to add some flowers to the bottom of the wreath with fishing wire to give it a "floating flower" effect. Doesn't this remind you of a huge dreamcatcher? I love it!

There you have it! Your own custom wreath! Check out the video for details plus two more spring decor ideas!

I made this on the Hometalk Live and added some A's to some really good Q's.

1. How Can I weatherproof this?
Since the word spring is made from cardboard, I don't think this can be weatherproofed. I would recommend bringing this inside if the forecast calls for rain

2. Is this too big to fit on my door?
Yes, this is entirely too big, BUT, you can use this for a wedding, baby shower, bridal shower, or on your deck if you have one

3. Does this have to be hung or can it be suspended from a ceiling?
YES! Do it and send me photos. I think it would be gorgeous suspended from a ceiling. It's actually not too heavy.

For those wondering how to make a smaller version:
Hula hoops could easily be made smaller. just cut with scissors and rejoined with the stub it is joined with.
Thanks Thelma Brooks for letting us know how to make the hula hoop smaller :)

Feel free to message me if you have any questions on how to create this! I love interacting with the Hometalk Family!

Contact Me:
Instagram - @simplyhandmade
Facebook - SimplyHandmade89
YouTube - SimplyHandmade
Email - SimplyHandmade89@gmail.com
If you would like to see how to create your own custom moss word, check out this YouTube video I did :)

Nickell Morgan

• Daisy Boyd

Love your ideas..... but you are a season behind .....
    • Nickell Morgan

Thanks so much! I actually posted this weeks ago! Hopefully you'll consider this for next year :)
    • Anita shull

Let's be nice AND grateful 😍🎈🎈🎈
    • Yofrendonna

What? Modify it for another season or theme.
    • Dianna

It's beautifu, I love it!! I can already see doing this for autumn with leaves falling!!! Great idea!!!
    • Patty

Very creative and cute#
    • Becky

Summer doesn't start until June 21. I know. It feels like summer in Dallas too, but be nice. Beautiful wreath, by the way.
    • Janice

So? Put an initial on it instead and use through the warm weather. I love it!
    • Donna

Love it!
    • Elina M. Long

Love it!❤️ Could make one for each season! You have started the creative juices bubbling!

• Nickell Morgan

thank you all so much!!
    • Love this! I also made a dream catcher for my front porch last fall with a large hula hoop. It went wonderful with a spider in it for Halloween. This main idea is really endless! Great job of sharing! Peace! (Tried to download my pic, but it wouldn't let me, boo-hoo)
    • Nickell Morgan

DeeAnn that sounds wonderful! If you have a Facebook or Instagram you could tag me :)
    • PAM PERRY

Thank you so MUCH for sharing your beautiful ideas Nickell Morgan! I love this so much ~you're very creative & this can be used for all seasons or with a name or monogram...endless ideas!
    • Elizabeth

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE THIS!!! Thanks for the share. You truly are an inspiration
    • Belva

Your wreaths are so beautiful!! I really want to try the one in your video, absolutely gorgeous, you're so talented! Thank you so much for sharing.

• Josie Molina

That’s an awesome idea thanks so much for sharing I love this next time I see a hula hoop at Walmart I’m buying one just to hang on the wall thanks again and don’t mind them who cares if you’re a season behind thanks again
    • Nickell Morgan

thank you all so so much!
    • Lau30852322

Daisy Boyd, Spring repeats EVERY YEAR. I'd say she is ahead of the season which is good because we can all get started making our wreaths in advance!!

• Mary Z

Can be easily made for any season, holiday, or occasion. Think of holly, poinsettias, pine cones, ornaments, etc. Ideas are endless and affordable. Make lettering our of plastic or other waterproof material that is usable for outdoor usage.

• beautiful idea.... and I agree with other readers.... can be modified into so many things!! Thanks for sharing!
  • Renata

Hula hoop is soo kool but I want to know how u made the "spring" . Total details plz.

• Martha

I love this!! And I have a hula hoop, that I bought at Goodwill. Ive been waiting for inspiration, THANKS!💖

• Johanne Palange

I got a hoola hoop from the dollar store, where I discovered that there are 2 sizes: one is the full sized model we all know so well, and the other is a smaller child sized one. That one might be better suited to this project.