:) I have many small rocks in my garden area...

Nilaboone2005Janet PizaroWilliam
+9

does anyone know a quick way for me to remove these, or should I just bury them. I want to replant different plants. thanks
  • Sharon Smith

Are they stone size (like a quarter)or more like a (softball size) Rock? If the quarter size, I would bury them or move them to another area. If bigger, you can move them and use them in many different areas. Last but not least, give them to someone who is starting to garden or DIY. As in the moving quickly, I say, grab a shovel and put them in a wheel barrow. Better yet, put some kids to work!

• FL

Can't tell how many rocks or how big but do you have small kids, grandkids or neighborhood kids? Pay them a penny a rock and that will get it done! Or, just pay a teenager a set amount to work for an hour or two. You can maybe find a use for the rocks as a border for a garden and move them there. For the cheapest way, do it yourself using a metal rake and consider it your daily exercise for some weeks? Good luck!
  • Emily

I have had this problem with a flower bed before. It was too tedious to pick them all out so I just buried them as I went!

I always deep rake my beds before planting. Any rocks that don't rake up just get buried.

You can just place heavy duty landscape fabric down,make a X where you are planting,pull the fabric to the side and dig your recommended size holes,plant ,move the fabric back and your done.
  • Nilaboone2005

Thank u all for your great ideas on how to get rid of my small rocks. I ve decided to just rake some out and bury some. Thanks again to everyone!