Vickie
Vickie
  • Avinger, TX

My Knockout Roses have developed powdery mildew, how do I treat this?

Shawna BaileyJanet PizaroGrace Robertson
+2

i have 25 rose bushes throughout my yard. Only 6 bushes are showing signs of this disease. Please help!
q my knockout roses have developed powdery mildew how do i treat this
  • Adrian

You have to spray them with a fungicide- there are many of them so you'll need to ask someone at your local gardening supply company. The one that may work best and is most cost effective is the type that you mix and put into a sprayer. If you only have a few small ones then a ready mixed spray already in the sprayer bottle will do. The only issue is that you usually have to spray them down and then go back in one week and do it once more so make sure you have enough before you begin.
  • Vickie

Thank you! I will see the local nursery for guidance.
  • Grace Robertson

I have used Sevin powder with success. A very light dusting on the leaves, Just be very careful when using the powder. I suggest that you wear a mask when applying it to your roses. A little powder will go a long way.

Use a systemic treatment for roses. Bayer is a recommended product for insect,fungus and a fertilizer.
  • Shawna Bailey

I've used Bayer with success