How do you get rid of aphids in your garden?

Mag1889907TishastrongJanet Pizaro
+6

There are a gazillion of them. I have never seen it so bad. I have a pic of one, I could not find it when I searched through a ton of images for them. Do I have to get rid of before planting new flowers?
  • Liz

Aphids hate human urine. It's a very effective deterrent. Collect your urine in a spray bottle and spray after the sun goes down. Direct sunlight combined with the ammonia in the urine may burn plants. Urine is also a great deer deterrent. Good luck!
    • Liz

Forgot to add that some directions for urine spray recommend diluting urine with water in the spray bottle.
  • LaurieAnn Lepoff

That's not an aphid. Take a sample to a local nursery and ask them to identify it and suggest how to get rid of them.
  • DORLIS

You can blast them off with water, get beneficial insects to eat them like ladybugs.

Apply food grade diatomaceous earth and spray your plants with horticultural oil.
  • Tishastrong

I live in the basement and between the up & down apartments we have 4 cats and 1 dog. Is this ok for pets?

perfectly safe no worries
  • Tishastrong

Thank you
  • Mag1889907

hose down plants well. Usually works