Any ideas For Formica countertops, that aren't expensive?

Sue Lilly512181Joan
+2

• Shirley Heikkinen

Formica is one of the most cost effeective counter tops you can buy. Check big box stores, as well as local sellers. Ask if they have a design that is no longer available.. Also if you are able to install it yourself you can save money. Good luck!

Rustoleum Countertop Paint Kit.
  • Joan

I used larger black graphite tiles. These can be used at home and many times in commercial business. Home Depoe or Lowes carries it (I can not remember where I purchased). I have had for 3 years now and it looks like new! Can be used as a black splash too but I went with a rustic brick. Good Luck!
  • 512181

I have noticed that some big box stores like Lowes, Home Depot, and Menards carry in stock formica/laminate counters. Some pieces are even mitered for corner installations. They have the side splash pieces that match. Also, if you have an Ikea nearby, you cannot beat their formica/ laminate counters. They do not have the back splash where as the big box stores do. I used the black laminate counter at my daughter's house with a composite type headboard installed to the counter as a backsplash. It turned out very nice and almost has a soapstone look. At Home Depot, search for countertops, then on left, click on pre-cut laminate.
  • Sue Lilly

if you have any broken tiles you cold make over and do a mozasic