How do I get rid of bugs on my plants?

Caseyem11MJBSheryl Cowherd Turner
+5

I have some holes in some of my plant and then I have some of them with white stuff on them. What can I use to get rid of these bugs?
Thanks Patsy
  • Tamara Eubanks Ayers

Hi Patsy, I am not sure if this works for all plants but one tip my mother gave me about this happening to my rose bush was to get a empty squirt bottle and fill with a few drops of dish soap and fill with water. Shake it up a little and then spray on your plants. I have also filled my sink up with soapy water and took the bubbles from the top and just put them on the leaves. I hope this helps.

What plants are you referring to?
  • Sheryl Cowherd Turner

mix water with a few drops of dish washing liquid in a spray bottle and spritz tops and undersides of leaves. do thes once a day until all bugs are gone
    • Pat17686733

Well , you are the 2nd one to give me this idea. I am sure going to try it.
      thanks, Patsy
  • MJB

I concur, just don't do it on a real hot sunny day as the leaves can get covered in film and not be able to breathe, at least in the South.
  • Caseyem11

You may have aphids. White cottony looking stuff on the leaves. I use a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol to ged rid of them.