Looking to paint my bamboo style indoor sunroom furniture...

Deanna YoungInga ZahodnikWilliam
+6

Not sure if it's wicker or what type of wood. It has a shiny glaze or stain on it. Can you recommend a type of paint. Should I be sanding it first. Would a spray paint be easier? Hoping to do them in black or charcoal . Also would you suggest painting the seat cushions to update them?
  • Suzanne

I would sand it lightly and then paint it with spray paint.
  • Deanna Young

I have painted furniture like this before; you will want to lightly sand and use spray paint for your color. I would clear coat with an acrylic sealer; matte or shiny depending on the look you want.

• Inga Zahodnik

Thank you for your reply. The sealer coat sounds good . Any idea what brand as I am new to this.
  • Sheryl Cowherd Turner

I would paint with a stain blocker like Kilz then spray paint any color you like. If you don't Kill it first, the color will bleed through the new paint unless it is a dark color like brown , black or navy blue.
  • Inga Zahodnik

Thank you , I am considering doing them in black. But good idea.

Looks like bamboo! I agree with Suzanne and Deanna. Lightly sand to remove the gloss and roughen the surface for paint. Use spray paint. Several light coats will give you a smooth finish. Seal with lacquer for a durable finish that won't crack under stress and movement. Rustoleum or Krylon.
  • Inga Zahodnik

Thank you will definitely give it a try.
  • Deanna Young

We use Rust-Oleum for best cover on the paint and quality on the sealer