How and what do I use to paint laminate kitchen table top in our rv??

Lynne BonavitaRobert RuskCharly
+3

Lightly sand the table top to remove any gloss and roughen the surface for paint. Prime with a stain blocking primer like Zinsser 123. Then paint with your color. Use any acrylic paint. Seal with at least three coats with a water based polyurethane. Use a small foam roller and foam brush for a smooth finish.
  • Mary Staat Coomer

Remember not to use more than three coats of water based polyurethane because it tends to yellow over time..
  • Dam2068431

Hi Lynne! I agree with the steps of sanding, priming and painting followed up with a top coat. Instead of polyurethane I would prefer polycrylic because it doesn't yellow; Dutch Boy is just one brand.
  • Charly

Seal with MinWax Polycryalic. No yellowing!
  • Robert Rusk

I agree with the last 2 do not use the polyurethane. From MY experience and oh what a mess to get rid of by the way it yellows quickly. Good luck. Gigi
  • Lynne Bonavita

Thank you all for taking the time to answer my question. This will be the first time I'm painting furniture so everyone has given me confidence to start.