How to make stepping stones?

Elizabeth DionMJBJanet Pizaro
+2

• Carol

I use old pizza boxes for my forms and buy the concrete mix. Can write in concrete or place stones, marbles or what ever is to your liking.
  • Mag1889907

Craft stores carry kits containing everything you need

www.hometalk.com/28250300/homemade-stepping-stones
  • MJB

The easiest way for me is to dig out the area I want stones (I don't like the even store bought look, I would rather it be more organic looking) to about 3" deep, pour in the cement and let it set. If it is really a large area, you might want to go 3" and add wire mesh for additional strength.
  • Elizabeth Dion

You can buy stepping stone molds at Michael's, Joann's and even WalMart. Buy a bag of concrete mix and whatever you want to use to decorate your stones. I use mosaic pieces, glass stones and broken plates and saucers. Some people put the decorations in the mold and then pour the concrete. I prefer to set my decorations into the partially set up top for better control of the design. Have fun with it!