What can I do with empty prescriptions bottles?

SandyGCarolGail
+7

I have them in different sizes from small to large
  • Sheron Jervis

Check pinterest they have lots of great ideas..
  • Lynn Woodard Ray

The first thing you need to do is pull off personal information label and shred. Next, you will need to wash and dry them. There are several things you could do with them. I have seen where you can glue a large rock onto the lid, place a spare house key inside the bottle and then dig a small home in yard place bottle with "rock" lid down into hole. The rock would lay just on the surface of the yard concealing your extra key.

If you have extra screws or tacks, the bottles could be used to organize them!
  • Susie Lee

Hi Susan!
    Truly, your imagination is the only limit to what can do with these empty bottles. Once you soak labels off of them and rinse them well with warm soapy water, it's like a blank pallette. Here's a few to get you going:
    1. Draw a jack I lantern face on them, paint the tops with a green sharpie and fill with candy corn for a little fall treat for the kids.
    2. Use them to stash some extra cash inside. You can roll up bills and add spare change. Drill a hole in the lid and add a knotted cord you can wear around your neck or wrist when you don't want to take a purse to the beach or in a walk. And they're pretty water and sand proof! Or keep in your glove box for emergency. Fill with quarters for parking meters.
    3. Store small items that may spill or get tangled. Bobby pin storage. Ear buds. Small earrings ir q tips when traveling. Keep wood matches dry when camping. Toothpicks for your purse.
    4. Make a pin cushion by addiny foam and fabric to the top and store straight pins inside.
    5. In lunch boxes for added sprinkles or granola on yogurt or salads.
    6. Make mini survival kits. Add band aids, allergy meds, matches, safety pins, antibiotic wipe, etc.
    7. Gun ammo.
    8. Hide a house key in your rock bed for emergency.
    Hope these get your creative juices flowing!

Susie
  • Suzanne

Great for storing buttons, needles, push pins and any other small items
  • Alice Whitney

try your Vet, they try to keep cost low!
  • Barb

I recycle them with the plastic things I take to the recycle place.
  • Paula

After removing the labels donate them to Goodwill, Salvation Army or any thrift shop. Crafters use them for projects and will be glad to get them.
  • Gail

You could collect seeds for your garden in them. Lots of good ideas!
  • Carol

I use one to hold my computer's thumb drives. It will hold several and doesn't get lost as easily when papers etc are spread out on desk.

• SandyG

I use them to put q-tips in to carry in my overnight bag. Keeps them clean and contained and I don't have to take the whole box. I also use them to put dressing for my salad when packing a lunch. (Make sure to clean thoroughly before using for food.)