How can you rid your yard of ticks?

Butch KumkumianKitty861650
+3

Use a granular application of Sectricides insect killer.
  • Larisa Davidson

I spray myself with an essential oil mix, if i find a tick on myself a drop of tea tree or clove essential oil on it will usually kill it right away , and it it easier to take it out, Use the same oil to disinfect the skin.
  • 861650

If you use insecticides, find one that is not harmful to people or animals. Keep you grass cut short. Get rid of weeds and any piled up leaves. If you have fire wood stacked then restack them. A lot of sunlight is best so you could possibly trim back trees/shrubbery. Ticks and fleas do not like cedar chips. You could sprinkle it along fence lines and in and around the dog house and dog runs and can use them as mulch. Larisa (above) said to use essential oils but I am greatly concerned about the toxic effect on cats and dogs. This is a big debate on the internet but I'm not taking any chances...I would love to use the oils inside the house. Last, ticks do not like garlic ( it does kill them) and you could spray your yard with it but it is TOXIC to animals.
  • Kitty

If your dining allows, you might want to look into peacocks and guinea fowl- both like eating tucks and you'll get fresh eggs to boot! ;)
  • Kitty

Zoning-not dining! Durned keyboard!
  • Butch Kumkumian

thank you, one and all