What can I use to make a border around my flower beds ?

Bes19962511Elizabeth DionLandsharkinnc
+5

• MJB
    MJB

Old dinner plates upright buried 1/4 deep, wine bottles with the neck down into the ground (the large ones can become a terrarium to small ferns, etc), old broken pieces of concrete stacked into a wall, depending upon your location, Liriope in the South works great, or terracotta pots large side down. I have used all of these in Mobile, Alabama. Good luck.

Janet Pizaro

Old colorful bottles,broken plates,brick,landscape edging.cut up old pallets.
  • Katherine Anne
    Katherine Anne

Use large rocks,small rocks or a combination of both. Dig a shallow Trench that will border your flowers. Then place your choice of size, style and color of rocks in the trench.
  • I have used bricks, coordinates with existing hardscape that was here when I purchased the house.
  • Al Lukasek
    Al Lukasek

Duh!
    This is largely a personal decision based on what you want it to look like.
    Walk around neighborhoods and look at what other people have done.
    Visit home improvement centers
    search Pinterest
    search Howzz
    search Google
  • Landsharkinnc
    Landsharkinnc

Bricks, used railroad ties, old vinyl siding strips in appropriate color, galvanized tin cut in strips and nailed to upright treated 2 x 2's, old tire - cut in half; stagger the arches, thngs that won't break if you run into them with your weed-eater or lawn mower
  • Elizabeth Dion
    Elizabeth Dion

I used bricks around mine
    , Bricks 3 rows high, Rocks
  • Bes19962511
    Bes19962511

In doing all this, have you thought of what is needed to go deep to keep the grass from growing in & under what ever you put in front or a round the florwer bads