Jerri
Jerri
  • Bonner Springs, KS

Are egg shells good to put in flower beds?

JerriTonya BaizeFrances
+5

• Shoshana

Yes! Besides for acting as a deterrent to pesky bugs like snails and slugs, they are a great source of calcium once they break down in the soil.
  • Susie Lee

Hi Jerri! Yes they are! Grind them semi rough and they keep away slugs. They don't like getting poked. 😊 Also eggshells are rich in magnesium, calcium, potassium, iron and phosphorus. Also great for your flowers and plants! Hope this helps.

Susie
  • Sunnyfl66

YES, they are great, use crushed to deter slugs and snails or grind them up in a blender and add to the soil for a great nutrient booster.
  • Caseyem11

You can also grind them and put them in your bird bath. The calcium is good for the birds.
  • Frances

I also use cut up banana peels. Very healthy for rose bushes
  • Tonya Baize

Yes they are! Just make sure you crumble them into small pieces. . Also you can use used coffee grounds in flower beds as well.
  • Jerri

I thought I'd heard about coffee grounds but then heard it depended on how acid soul was and don't know how to find out. Soil here seems to be what I'd call black gumbo. very sticky when wet and hard when dry