I want to make me a small garden but how can I dear proof it ?

Wil17881032CindyGma Kirk
+5

Can I dear proof my garden so I can have food out of my garden after all it's a hard to keep them out at night ?
I want
  • Susan

The only sure deer proofing is an 8 foot fence.
  • Judi Scharns

Deer don't like to jump fences when they are placed close together. Put up one 5' fence one that will not only keep out deer but rabbits and ground hogs etc., then about 3-4 feet beyond that put up another fence. This one needs to be more visual than actual, it could be flimsy, but make it highly visible with surveyor tape and make the first one visible too with surveyor tape, make the tape long enough to flutter in the wind. That should work for you. Otherwise buy some coyote urine at your local farm supply. They provide small containers that you put the urine in that allows the scent out but not water in.
  • Anna Felesena Summers

Sprinkle soap flakes around the intended area
  • Pat21910290

Get some blood meal from a farm and garden store and sprinkle it around the outside.
  • Gma Kirk

You might be able to keep them away by planting heavily scented and fuzzy leafed things around the perimeter deep enough they can't reach across for a nibble. You might also try a motion activated solar powered light to startle them off.
  • Wil17881032

I have talked to one lady that said to get Irsh Spring soap as nd nail it to a tree I don't have any trees near my garden but would it be ok to hang it from the fence?
  • Cindy

Hang irish spring soap in a tree near by or pound in several tall poles in ground and hang the soap.....must be irish spring bar soap
  • Wil17881032

Plus there seamed not to be to me my bees around I need them to come to my garden what kind of flowers do I need to plant to get them to come to my garden?