Cape Cod Cutie – Door Makeover

$35

So I am going to take a break from sharing updates about my new home to share and update I did for my G-ma.

My grandma’s door was in dire need of a face lift. It hadn’t been painted in some time so I thought it was a little over due. Why not spruce it up with a bit of Cape Cod Mint. This new Curb Appeal paint from DecoArt was an absolute pleasure to work with. One coat and it’s done.

Let's take one last look at this orange that I had to cover up.

eeek. See what I mean? This front door definitley needed a fresh new look. The shade Cape Cod Mint came just in time for spring, too. I can’t believe how fresh and springy her door looks now.

Keep reading so you can see this baby in her fresh new look.

I gathered my army and got to painting.

I have to say, I hate taping — but if you want to do a good job it’s worth the time to do it.

oooo… just look at this colour!

This paint just glides on so easy. The finish of the door was really rough. This door has been around for a long time — like longer than I have been alive. We won't say how long that is, though. ;)

The angled brush that I was using worked great for getting into all the nooks and crannies.

They do suggest when you are painting a door that you paint the edge work and then roll the paint on the flat parts with a roller. This door has so much decorative edging it was hard to do that so I painted it all by hand.

Ok, you guys want to see the door, don’t you??

Take a look at this!

I let the paint dry for a couple hours, but the one thing that is great about this paint is that it drys super quick!

Time to remove the tape! As much as I hate putting on painter’s tape… I love to peel it off.

What do you think? I still have to do something to spruce up the brick, but this is a HUGE improvement!

And don’t you just love this gorgeous spring wreath?

One more close up so you can fully appreciate this gorgeous colour.

So… if your front door needs a bit of a face lift, check out DecorArt and pick up some of this amazing paint. Curb Appeal is available in 21 intermixable colours and you can also use it to paint outdoor decor accents.

Let me know in the comments what you think of this door makeover and if you like it, share it with your friends 

Check out my blog for more great DIY content!

Holly Grace

• Suzie

can you some how restore a old dented metal door???

• Christine Cajigas

Oh My Gosh!,,I love this make over. I hope your grandmother is pleased as well. You've definitely have an eye for this. ❤️

• Tanya

Hi Holly, looks great. Was the door wood or metal?

• ViKiP77

This is GORGEOUS!!!! You make it look so easy & turned out stunning! Can't wait to do my door & shutters! Great job!!!

• Linda Guerrera

Wow! I absolutely LOVE this! We moved into our house a year ago. My front door is a horrible terra-cotta orangey color! The house itself is a hideous yellow (not a pretty color, just this horrible awful dark yellow shade) and I mean the whole outside of the house is an awful yellow. The trim, the lattice, even the flood light bulbs were painted this color. I would LOVE to paint the front door this color; you have inspired me!!