Cape Cod Cutie – Door Makeover

1 Material
$35

So I am going to take a break from sharing updates about my new home to share and update I did for my G-ma.

My grandma’s door was in dire need of a face lift. It hadn’t been painted in some time so I thought it was a little over due. Why not spruce it up with a bit of Cape Cod Mint. This new Curb Appeal paint from DecoArt was an absolute pleasure to work with. One coat and it’s done.

cape cod cutie door makeover

Let's take one last look at this orange that I had to cover up.

cape cod cutie door makeover

eeek. See what I mean? This front door definitley needed a fresh new look. The shade Cape Cod Mint came just in time for spring, too. I can’t believe how fresh and springy her door looks now.

Keep reading so you can see this baby in her fresh new look.

cape cod cutie door makeover

I gathered my army and got to painting.

I have to say, I hate taping — but if you want to do a good job it’s worth the time to do it.

cape cod cutie door makeover

oooo… just look at this colour!

cape cod cutie door makeover

This paint just glides on so easy. The finish of the door was really rough. This door has been around for a long time — like longer than I have been alive. We won't say how long that is, though. ;)

cape cod cutie door makeover

The angled brush that I was using worked great for getting into all the nooks and crannies.

They do suggest when you are painting a door that you paint the edge work and then roll the paint on the flat parts with a roller. This door has so much decorative edging it was hard to do that so I painted it all by hand.

cape cod cutie door makeover

Ok, you guys want to see the door, don’t you??

Take a look at this!

cape cod cutie door makeover

I let the paint dry for a couple hours, but the one thing that is great about this paint is that it drys super quick!

Time to remove the tape! As much as I hate putting on painter’s tape… I love to peel it off.

cape cod cutie door makeover

What do you think? I still have to do something to spruce up the brick, but this is a HUGE improvement!

And don’t you just love this gorgeous spring wreath?

cape cod cutie door makeover

One more close up so you can fully appreciate this gorgeous colour.

cape cod cutie door makeover

So… if your front door needs a bit of a face lift, check out DecorArt and pick up some of this amazing paint. Curb Appeal is available in 21 intermixable colours and you can also use it to paint outdoor decor accents.

Let me know in the comments what you think of this door makeover and if you like it, share it with your friends 

cape cod cutie door makeover

Check out my blog for more great DIY content!

Holly Grace

• Wendy Peroni

Absolutely beautiful transformation! What did you do to prep the door for painting?

• Michaelene

Can this paint be used on a door unit like that ...that is vinyl ? I really would love to update mine but I'm afraind of not using the right paint on the vinyl door and side lights.

• Holly Grace

Hello! Yes, it can be. I painted this door two years ago and it is still holding up great! This paint is specifically made for all types of doors and shutters :)

• Edith Cort

can I do it on aluminium screen door?

• Penny

Ur door looks alot nicer then the old color .

• Ginger Grant

That's so funny I love the color. Without being there and just looking at it from a picture it looks like the color I painted my bathroom and sunroom. Of course a different brand.