What can I do to keep deer out of my veggie garden

JudymgibbsAnd1639926Knt9100371
+2

• Colleen Holt

We ended up having to put up a tall fence all around the garden.

There is no cure all ,A tall fence if your budget allows.If not you can try deterrents such as sprays made with garlic and hot pepper,strong odors of blood meal,Deer Off.
  • Knt9100371

this sounds sick BUT it works---urinate all the way around the garden-the deer will smell people & stay away

• And1639926

Affordable fence from chicken wire Maybe.
  • Judymgibbs

irish spring soap. They don't like the smell. Found out it stopped most of my rabbit problems too. I took the bar of soap and turned it on its side and cut 1/2" slices. Then I got a couple of 4" terra cotta dishes( don't need the pots) I found wire tomato stakes that have an open circle as the top. I pushed the stake into the ground until it was about the same height as the plant. I placed the dish into the circular opening at the top. Place one slice in the dish. it was a life saver for my gardens. hope this helps