My Laminate (only 2.5 years old) has a hole in it where the chair was!

C. D. ScallanJanet PizaroWilliam

I had a roller chair and it caused a hole. Laminate is 3 years old
hole is in middle of 2 panels. Can I cut just the hole piece out or must I replace boards surrounding the hole.

If you can cut the hole piece out and create a seamless patch that would be the easiest way to go. If you can't make a patch look seamless then the boards would need to be removed and replaced.

To be honest with you at only 2 and half years old the floor should not should not have gotten a hole.I would call the manufacturer chair or no chair.I have Laminate through most of my house. The first floor I had for twenty years, and the only reason I took it up was because I no longer liked the color.
  • C. D. Scallan

That should still be under warranty . Even the cheapest laminate flooring has a five year warranty . It's sometimes voided if wasn't professionally installed , but it can't hurt to ask .