Catalog Inspired Decor for My Front Porch

$40.00

I love getting all of those catalogs at home, they are like free magazines to me. They are a great source of inspiration, and I admit, I have made many catalog purchases over the years. When I spotted a beautiful urn filler in the Grandinroad spring catalog I was smitten.
I wedged a piece of 4" thick styrofoam into my front porch urn. I then took 11 1/8" x 36" dowels and stuck them into the styrofoam. I spaced them 4 or 5 inches apart.
I covered the the styrofoam with moss, nestling it around the dowels.
I began to add artificial geranium bushes to my urn. I used 5 bushes in total. I did use wire cutters to clip out a few blooms to add them around the edges of the urn.
After putting all of my geraniums into the pot, I pulled my dowels together and secured them with a paper wrapped stem wire.
I used some stems of tiny flowers to add a bit of the vine look to my dowels.
I used some tiny flowers cut from a stem full of the flowers and used hot glue to add them in a random fashion to my dowels to give them a little of more natural feel.
Where I secured my dowels, I wrapped moss over the wire and glued some more of my tiny flowers at the top.
I added some pieces of geranium garland flowing over the edge of my urn.
My urn filler is done! I am ready to enjoy my front porch for summer!

3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
15 Memorial Day Crafts
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Chloe Crabtree

• Charissa

Where can I find the urn at a cheep price?

• Annie

Great idea have been looking for something in metal to keep my huge tall plants from toppling over this will work wonders! Thanks for the inspiration!

• Teresa Foster

I'm speachless! Outstanding example of ingenuity, determination, hard hard work and patience! Can't wait to see more pictures.

• De

Beautiful job

• Barb Jenkins

I love this. I think that I will paint the dowels green streaked over brown to look like plant stems.