What can you use to deodorize your carpeting

+6
  • Dam2068431 Dam2068431 on May 05, 2017
    Hello! One old-school tip I've always used is lightly sprinkling baking soda over the carpet, giving it about 10 minutes to sit and then vacuum it up. Commercial products are available in the detergent aisle of a grocery store. Fabreeze also works and lets you skip the vacuuming because you simply spray it on. You may want to check with the place you got your carpet to see whether it requires special care. You may also wa to test my idea in a hidden part in case it causes discoloration.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 05, 2017
    Sprinkle baking soda and leave on long enough to deodorize than vacuum up.
  • Judy Ferrell Judy Ferrell on May 05, 2017
    try baking soda. sprinkle on and let set about 10 minutes then vacuum as normal
  • Johnchip Johnchip on May 05, 2017
    If the odor is strong or constant, these powder baking soda fixes will only make it worse. It may be time to steam clean/sanitize/shampoo/deodorize your carpets or have them professionally sanitized.
  • Paula Paula on May 05, 2017
    I second baking soda, but be very careful w/ Fabreeze if you have any dogs, it can damage their sense of smell!
  • Ronald Ronald on May 05, 2017
    Also can consider carpet shampoo machines.
  • Crystal Jozefick Crystal Jozefick on May 05, 2017
    Mix baking soda with a few drops of essential oil and sprinkle it on your carpet. Let it sit for a while and then vacuum. The baking soda gets rid of the odors and the essential oil makes the room smell so nice.
    Thank you! My favorite oil is lavender