Do you cut mondo grass into sections I have one gallon.

Nancy TurnerMargolynluvsuConnie
+3

No you do not cut mondo grass.
  • Connie

it can be divdied easily and then planted. One gallon will go far and then it spreads but not very quickly. Give it some plant food. I love mondo.

Yes it can be divided but should not be until it establishes.That will add to much stress to the plant. Fertilizer as well. Rule of thumb newly planted plants do not get fed until after one year of established growth.
  • Connie

Not the way we do it in Houston. We sprinkle granular fertilizer on new plants. And mondo in a gallon container is just a lot of individual stalks.
  • Margolynluvsu

I agree, you can partition your potted plant and replant them. They will thicken thier growth over time. But yup, you can do it.😁
  • Nancy Turner

Not the way I do it in Rochester either. Every thing gets granular fertilizer when planted with very good results. I would never wait a year, plants use up the nutrition in the soil and it needs replenishing. How would you feel if you weren't fed nutritious food for a year.