Big bare patches in lawn,where last summer was grass?

Janet PizaroDougCherry3128FRED RIGGS
+1

• Rhe8363390

Mine as well due to my dogs urine. I recommend aeration (holes) of the patch to a depth of four inches, soak for three minutes with the hose, top soil and seed.
  • FRED RIGGS

rake it up, spread some new dirt on it, get the grass seed that you spray, then don't walk away and wait, water it lightly every day that it is dry. Give it about 21 days to sprout. After that, keep on spraying. I did when I accidently killed a bunch of spots. I was really mad at what I used that killed it in 24 hours, dead. I immediately sprayed it with the grass seed and it actually worked.
  • DougCherry3128

Could also be a beetle infestation. If the grass lifts off easily, the roots have been eaten by beetle grubs ("C" shaped white grubs with a pale brown head found in the soil under the grass) and you will need to spray and reseed.

Rake out the dead patches. Apply top soil,lime,grass seed and starter fertilizer top with peat moss and keep moist until the seed germinates.