What do i do with all of my reusable food containers?!

Nancy TurnerKatherine AnneJoanie
+3

We have a bunch of Tupperware and other reusable plastic containers. We use them all, but they just take up so much space in the kitchen! they take up 2 and a half shelves in the big cupboard and theres more under the sink. Is there a way to keep them all AND have more space in the kitchen?

www.hometalk.com/8444511/organizing-food-storage-containers
  • Johnchip

Hang them in hammock slings from ceiling of closet/cabinet spaces, freeing up the shelves.
  • Lots of mine are stored in boxes in the garage, my kitchen is tiny with no pantry.
  • Joanie

Can you not buy a large, dish rack for draining dishes? Arrange them all and stick them in an empty area. I've seen this trick on here..
  • Katherine Anne

If there truly is no additional space in the kitchen and you would like to utilize the the square footage they currently take up in the kitchen, then simply take the ones that are not used as often or only used when you have big dinners or company...and put them in storage box (like one of those plastic ones you get at Walmart) and keep in another room or closet. That way it'll be just a few steps away, but not cluttering up necessary storage in the kitchen for regularly used items.
  • Nancy Turner

I have a narrow cupboard next to my dishwasher that I put all the smaller containers in. I use the cupboard I put my mixing bowls and assorted baking dishes and microwave containers in and I use the rest of the space for plastic containers. I nest all similar shapes and pile them by size and put the covers between the rows vertically so they are easy to locate. You can use a lot less space by stacking by shape and size into a neat pile. If the stack isn't too high I nest the covers and put them underneath the containers to save more room.