Oven dilemma

SharonWilliamPeggy Burnette
+2

Would Easy Off Oven Cleaner damage my self cleaning oven? Every time I use the self cleaning cycle the smoke alarms go off. Ready to try a different approach.
  • Debby Sokolovich

when using the self cleaning mode on your oven - you should not use any chemicals, the heat alone is what cleans the oven. With that being said, I have found that using the self cleaning mode on my oven has messed up my heating element, it no longer registers heat at the right degrees. So try using non toxic cleaners instead. Saves your stove, and saves you from toxic fumes.
  • Caseyem11

I think oven cleaner might ruin the oven. Try a sludge made with baking soda, dish soap and water. Leave it on for a few hours and scrape it off ten wipe clean with a wet cloth. Have you tried turning on your vent fan and opening all windows?
  • Peggy Burnette

Before you use your self cleaning cycle, wipe your oven out and try to get as much out as you can. Be sure to do your oven cleaning on a day you can open the windows. I have done this really puts out a lot of smoke.

• Sharon

When I clean an oven, I use a large car sponge for rinsing out the remainder of the residue with some vinegar water. I put the heat on in the oven for 10 mins. and the film becomes visable, then I wipe out again.