How do you clean a sluggish slow kitchen drain that's not clogged yet?

Nancy GrammWilliamBeth Shorts
+3

• C. D. Scallan

Mix a cup of baking soda with a half cup of salt. Let sit for a couple of hours , then flush with boiling water .

Also add White vinegar.
  • Crystal

vinger an baking soda
  • Beth Shorts

try (carefully) pouring boiling vinegar down the drain.. or also, you could try pouring Simple Green down the drain.. it's saved me from calling a plumber a couple times.

Pour some baking powder down the drain. Then pour vinegar down the drain. Cover the drain immediately with a damp cloth. The foaming of the baking soda will force the clog through. In a double bowl sink cover both drains with a damp cloth or paper towels.
  • Nancy Gramm

Wow! Every answer you've gotten has a lot in common, and my answer's pretty much the same. Mine I found handwritten in a book from the '40s. I've been doing it ever since. Just pour some baking soda down the drain--I don't measure, I just shake in a goodly amount--follow with approximately the same amount of white vinegar. After it bubbles up, I pour down a pot of boiling water. I try to do it monthly, to keep the drains flowing free. Good luck to you.